Direct repeater to repeater linking only allow 1 link at a time. If you need
more than 1 you need to go through a reflector.

73 de Scott KB2EAR
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Cherepy
  To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 5:50 PM
  Subject: RE: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Repeater Linking?

  Hi John,

  While I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to answer my question,
It's WAY too much info for me to digest. What the question probably should have
been it this:

  If I connect to a local D-Star repeater and have WD7STRCL in UR and another
station via another D-Star has already linked to WD7STR, will I be able to
link? If so, how many repeaters can link?

  73,

  Bill WB4WTN

  That's not as straight forward of a question as one might think.

  D-STAR really isn't about linking, in the same way that analog systems are
"linked" -- which has its pluses and minuses.