I've been Googling everywhere and have come up empty, so while this isn't
technically a D-STAR specific problem, I have a hard time believing it hasn't
come up before (or will again).

I got my hands on a Comet SB-97 tri-bander mobile antenna at a really good
price.  The trouble is, I have realized, how to get 23cm in there from a
separate radio.  After sleeping on this, I see 2 options:

1. Use a triplexer from Comet or Diamond.  This has the advantage of a
single-antenna, clean install.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how
you feed the VHF and 70cm ports from a single radio: will using a T-adapter
screw up the impedance or does that matter since the ports will only pass their
own band?  And is 55db separation REALLY enough?

2. Go buy a separate antenna: maybe an HV7A or something that does 6m and below
as well.  The advantage is no worries about a *plexer, but the disadvantages
are A. screwed up rad pattern, B. much more RF into the 23cm antenna (which
would have my IC-T81A on it until I could afford an ID-1), and C. probably cost
more.

So I refer to the elmers here; hopefully at least some of you have done this
commercially as well.

Thanks!

Mike N7MSD

P.S. Existing radios: ID-800H, IC-91AD, IC-T81A (23cm + 6M); future radio
possibilities: ID-1, IC-7000, IC-9600(?!?), Alinco DJ-G7