Tony and John ,

I agree fully.

And yes it is best to announce how you are coming in.

*/Here is a question for the Gateway Experts:/*

On the issue of Update Latency;

When a user call sign routes into a repeater does that repeater update

the users table with their current information?

Example: Lets say I have been on W1AW and now switch to W2AW. I make a

(call sign route) call to N2LZ who is on W3AW . Will W3AW update my

location information immediately with my new location (W2AW) or does it

have to wait until the trust server update? If it would update from the

traffic information, the mobile user could just make a callsign routed

call back to their home repeater (or in Frans case, his sons home

repeater), and this would immediately update their location on that

repeater. I realize this doesn't correct the problem of update latency,

but I think in many situations would provide an acceptable work around

as most users only communicate with one or two repeaters on a regular basis.

Food For Thought!

Dave Cooley
Brandon, Fl.