At 01:05 PM 10/20/2009, you wrote:
>I'm new to D-Star and have not yet been able to register for gateway
>use. I've asked a couple of hams in my area about registering and
>was sent a link which didn't work for some reason. Because I drive
>longhaul trucks for a living I'm not home long enough to get with
>any one locally for help. My question is, does it really matter
>which website I register through for gateway use?

Normally, the convention is you register with the gateway that's
closest to you.  If you have one in your local area, register there,
otherwise you could pick one in an area you're likely to
frequent.  Remember to register at only ONE gateway.  Also, once your
registration is approved, you have to create a "terminal" for your
D-STAR radio, so it can access the network.

There is documentation out there, someone will be able to supply the link.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com