The NFDG is now working with the Florida EOC Club Station in setting up a
D-Star radio for evaluation and testing. Thanks to John Fleming, WD4FFX for
asking us to help in this project.

NFDG loaned them an ICOM 800-H programmed with the callsign of KA4EOC.
This radio will be in scan mode on the K4WAK port B and C modules along with
145.670 simplex. This callsign and those of WD4FFX and
Kimo,K4IMO are registered on G2. Kimo is John's right hand man at the office.

This radio is programmed to make linked connections to almost all G2 repeaters
in the southern states. It has callsign routing to the Georgia EOC and will
have the same to the Alabama EOC very soon. The next step is to provide the
cabling so they can use D-RATS.

Please do not be disappointed if you call them and you don't get an answer.
This is a very busy office. I'm sure they will answer if at all possible. These
folks are in and out of the office continually.

This may very well be a boost to D-Star in Florida. Having the State EOC office
on line can be very benificial in perilious times. Another tool in the Em Comm
tool box.

I personally appreciate John and Kimo for testing D-Star and getting involved.

73
Paul, KJ4G
Member of the NFDG.