Tony:

According to Icom's manual, The ID-RP2000V has two power levels, namely
"High" @ 23-30W and "Low" @ 2-3W.  We have the ID-PR4000V (the 440
version) for W1NLT/R in Norwalk CT and it has exactly the same High/Low
output switch.

There are plenty of  2-Meter amps which run just fine with 25-30W input.
If you must use an amp which requires 10W input it seems pretty easy to
pad the output down to 10W (which will help heat the room where the
repeater lives), or even easier (and less room-heating) use an amp you
can saturate at the 2-3W "Low" output level from the ID-R{2000V.   This
doesn't sound like rocket science, or am I missing something?

73
Jess Girard
ND1L