aj4g wrote:
I have a dstar gateway that is working just fine, but I want to build a backup in case something happens. I am using a dell poweredge 800 server with centos 5.3 and G2 software. Now if I build another dell poweredge 800 just like the one I have and install centos 5.3. How can I move over all the g2 stuff, because when I first built the first one, I had all kinds of problems with getting it running, had to call icom dstar tech seveal times, but finally got it working just fine. Any ideals on this, I have tried some of the tips on google, but have not got a working backup yet.

Ralph
aj4g

If you get a second disk of the same model you can use the program dd to copy one disk to the other, put it in a like server and you have a duplicate system. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

--
John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.org>