Kay,

Thanks for the clarifications, indeed, the second hand information that I have
isn't always correct and I always want to make sure that I making correct
statements.

It's good to hear that 440 MHz has finally surpassed the 1.2, because as well
as I can remember, the first 20 or so repeaters deployed were 1.2 only and it
seems as if there are still a half-dozen 1.2 only repeaters operation, but
there's definitely more 440 only repeaters now!

The limited number of repeaters concept really has more to do with the fact
that you are on a separate trust server, and also the G1 gateway. It wasn't
until
Dayton 2 years ago, that the linkage between our systems existed, and linking
still doesn't exist.
I believe that people outside of Japan tend to expect that if they get on one
of their repeaters that are linked and call CQ, then there are 500+ gateways
around the world that is part of their "system" It is just as common for me to
talk to someone in New York, as it as for me to talk to someone here in Atlanta.
That's really the concept behind what I was talking about.
And when we are talking number of repeaters, let's not leave out the UK with
40+ and Germany with 60+.

We just need to figure out some way to get the JARL to let you come to G2 and
install DPLUS and join the rest of the world.

Ed WA4YIH