From: Woodrick, Ed <ewoodr...@ed-com.com>
Subject: RE: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: I Want To Know???
To: "dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com" <dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 8:10 PM

Bruce,

There are many reasons why your new system has different coverage than the
existing one. And very few of them are digital vs analog.
Quite often there are a number of things that are being done when an
organization switches from analog to digital, different repeater sites,
different antennas, different everything.
And like everything else, government isn’t known for always doing things the
best way.

There have been a number of studies that show that D-STAR can have better
coverage. The FEC in D-STAR can have wonderful effect on communications. But
there also have been a few that show in some circumstances, the coverage can be
less. That’s why I just tell people that it’s about the same.

Ed WA4YIH