GPS mode: you must set your message per the calculator at
http://www.aprs-is.net/dprscalc.aspx  This ensures bit errors do not get
propagated to APRS.  This is not needed for GPS-A mode as GPS-A mode always
contains a CRC.

The DVAP is like the DV-Dongle: it attaches to the repeater system via the
gateway.  For a number of reasons, the D-PRS IGates on the gateway only monitor
traffic received from the RP2C (repeater controller).  Therefore, position
reports received via a DVAP will not be seen by the D-PRS IGates and will not
be inserted into APRS-IS.  However, the DV-Dongle software supports a TCP port
that allows D-PRS Interface (also available for free at
http://www.aprs-is.net/dprs.aspx) to act as your IGate on your PC.  If the DVAP
software supports this TCP port, you are good to go by just downloading D-PRS
Interface, installing it, configuring it to talk to your DVAP, and configuring
it to connect to APRS-IS.

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete AE5PL