1. Connect with the National Scout Jamboree via Amateur Radio
    Posted by: "ki4ozg" trace12...@yahoo.com ki4ozg
    Date: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 am ((PDT))

The Boy Scouts of America National Jamboree started yesterday, July 26 and runs
through  August 4 at Fort AP Hill, Caroline County, Virginia.

They are operating amateur radio station K2BSA and in addition to various HF
frequencies and EchoLink they will also be on the air via D-STAR from the
Jamboree site and will be using the WS4VA 2 meter repeater (145.320 MHz, -600
kHz split) which will be linked Reflector  030B.

I was able to check in with them yesterday and I'm sure they'd love to hear
from
any and all D-STAR users. If you have the time, please check in with them and
help further promote D-STAR, ham radio, and scouting.

You just may help a few scouts earn a Radio Merit Badge.