Jim,

Thanks much for the detailed explanation... the fog is beginning to lift! There is SO much information available that it's hard for a DSTAR novice to take it all in, and I've been drinking from the firehose for a couple of weeks now!

I was talking with Dave Hubbell when your email came in... he also have me some great advice and explained a lot of the things what you mentioned.

I'm thankful that there are guys like you and Dave (and others) who have already beat their way through the tall grass and are willing to give the rest of us a hand. I'm embarking on this venture to learn, but there's a difference between learning-by-doing and beating one's head against the wall, and I'm hoping to avoid the latter!

I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me!

73,

Mike
WM4B