On Jan 19, 2008 9:04 AM, Colin Burgess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well I see that Brendan did reply to the OSNews link to this.  He basically
> shot them down at hardcoding the instrumentation - as he should have! :-)
>
> Shame on Intel - they should know better!
>
> Colin

I'm not a member of the linux LatencyTOP team.
I haven't gotten a chance to see how is this tool implemented.
But I totally disagree with you about it's a shame.
Regardless of internal implementation, It's interesting and be very useful.
At least, for end users, it helps to visualize system latencies.

-Aubrey
Intel OpenSolaris Team