Okay, I admit to confusion and a certain amount of defeat.

I have numerous T2000  boxes and I want to see how much floating point activity
is taking place on them in order to tell if I should move applications to a T2
based box.

So I go looking around.

First up is the cooltst application from
http://cooltools.sunsource.net/cooltst/ which I try to download. All I can get
is a Zip file instead of the cooltst_v3.tar.bz2 file mentioned in the download
section of the page. So the question here is how/where to get a version of
cooltst that runs on a T2000?

Next up is other mechanisms to get FPU info.

So I go searching the web and find Darryl Gove's web page of
http://blogs.sun.com/d/entry/using_dtrace_to_locate_floating that talks to
using kstat and dtrace to look for 'fpu_unfinished_traps'. So I use both kstat
and dtrace options that Darryl mentions and both options come up with zero (0)
counts!

So I start wondering about the count actually being zero and go looking some
more.

Then I find, http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1161980&seqNum=3
and read through section 4.3.8 where is mentions "One of the metrics that kstat
reports is the number of emulated floating-point instructions. Not all
floating-point operations are performed in hardware; some have been left to
software.".

So now I am wondering if there is any pure hardware based FPU transactions
taking place that would NOT show up in the 'fpu_unfinished_traps' counts on a
CMT T1 chip based server? And if so, how do I find out about those operations?

So, the question is, lacking cooltst that I can get which is usable on a T2000,
what is the full story on floating point math on a CMT and where/how can data
about it's usage be gotten?

My thanks for any and all help in this!

pdc