If you do an 'elfdump' on the <JAVA_HOME>/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so
file in the JDK (well, any libjvm.so you find in there will work), does
it show any SUNW_dof sections?  If it doesn't, then I suspect the binary
in that package was built incorrectly.

If you download the JDK from java.sun.com and install it manually, do
you get the same problem?  I suspect the java.sun.com package might
work.  If so, then there's a problem with the Java package that's being
distributed for opensolaris.

--
- Keith