My leaky memory says we moved entry-point
into some form of debug record in the
standard libraries, circa Solaris 8/9.

Before that, my group maintained text files that
listed all the entry-points and their parameters for
libraries like libc.so, so that we could print
out parameter values in apptrace(8).

There's a (small) chance the records are complete enough
that dtrace could use the debug records from the
system libraries, and in principle any library with
the right information available.

I *don't* know whether they are complete enough: that
was done after my time in the ABI team.

--dave

"P. Remek" <p.rem...@googlemail.com> asked:

--
David Collier-Brown            | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto      | some people and astonish the rest