Glen Parker skrev:
Hi,

I've seen this as well in a specific circumstance on my server.  I run
an M4000, Solaris 10 U4, Oracle 10.2.0.3, UFS filesystems managed by
SVM (RAID 5), talking to Storedge 3510's and 6140's.  I use RMAN to
make backups of the database to a 3Tb filesystem mounted on /backup.

In particular, when I delete obsolete RMAN backups using the command
RMAN>   delete obsolete noprompt;

For about 2 minutes after the delete returns control to the terminal,
if I run df -k in another terminal, it will pause or hang while trying
to report on /backup.  I can do other operations on /backup.  I can
CD, ls files, du -sk directories.  It's only the df -k that causes any
problems.  After about 2 minutes, the df -k completes, and fron them
after I can run subsequent df -k with no problems.

Thats is almost certainly the CR is mentioned before, CR 6499704.

It is statvfs64 that takes a long time after deleting large files on logging ufs.

It's not dtrace or truss data, but I hope it helps.  I'm off to run
truss myself.  Thanks for the tip

Glen Parker