Adam Leventhal wrote:
Hey Jeff,

With just a little more tesing: I can use int16_t in the .d file itself when I use the preprocessor, just not in the included file.

assert(DTrace type aliases can't be used in files included by the preprocessor)

That's a great analysis. If you haven't already, please file a bug and we'll try to sort out a way to address this.

CR 6806314

(It would be great to have the confirmed restriction documented on the DTrace wiki -- http://wikis.sun.com/display/DTrace/Types,+Operators+and+Expressions)

If you're willing, please take a crack at writing something up. As with all changes to the DTrace wiki, small edits can go right back, but we request that larger revisions first be posted here for comment (people lose the right to object after a week).
this page edited to list the restriction: http://wikis.sun.com/display/DTrace/Types%2C+Operators+and+Expressions

related comment posted to this page: http://wikis.sun.com/display/DTrace/Type+and+Constant+Definitions