> Mike Corcoran noticed that args[] array types/indices seem to be invalid
> for fbt probes on 32-bit kernels that have 64-bit arguments.  It looks like
> argN are 32-bit values, and args[N] are also 32-bit, so the 64-bit arg is
> contained in two argN or args[N] elements.  Is this known?
>
> (specifically, he was looking at arg5/args[5] of map_addr_proc, and finding
> it contained arg 4; this is because the offset_t arg, which is a
> longlong_t, is apparently split across two 32-bit args.)

This is a longstanding bug that I first filed over 5 years ago:

  4977683 64-bit arguments on 32-bit kernels confuse argN/args[N]

It's a pretty significant pain to fix and fortunately not that many people
have tripped over it. Further, you can work around the problem though it
can be quite surprising.

Adam

--
Adam Leventhal, Fishworks                     http://blogs.sun.com/ahl