On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 05:00:35PM -0800, Antonello Cruz wrote:
> On my freshly installed Opensolaris snv_117 I get:
>
>    dtrace: invalid probe specifier syscall:::entry {}: Invalid library
>    dependency in /usr/lib/dtrace/iscsit.d: /usr/lib/dtrace/iscsi.d
>
> when I run
>
>    pfexec dtrace -n 'syscall:::entry {}'
>

> Why do I need /usr/lib/dtrace/iscsi.d to run a script that is not related
> to iscsi?
>
> Is this a distribution bug and OpenSolaris should deliver SUNWiscsitgt with
> its base installation?

Hey Antonello,

The DTrace library loads all entries in the /usr/lib/dtrace directory. It
appears that there's something broken about the iscsit.d file. This is a bug
in Solaris. You can problem work around the problem by moving that file
aside.

Adam

--
Adam Leventhal, Fishworks                     http://blogs.sun.com/ahl