You could also try to use the Oracle Solaris Studio performance tools,
and profile the application.  It does not user DTrace, so
the DTrace lock contention issue won't come up.

 http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/overview/topics/analyzing.jsp

   Marty Itzkowitz
       Project lead, Oracle Solaris Studio Performance Tools.