Jeff Savit & I have a DTrace talk as well. This is based on some of the work
I've been doing on combining DTrace and BTrace to reduce the overhead of
observing Java applications.We show some concrete example of looking into J2EE
applications.

Wednesday, September 22, 1:00PM | Moscone South, Rm 252
Session ID:     S315458
Title:  Oracle Solaris Performance Measurement and Tuning with Oracle Solaris
DTrace
Abstract:       This session demonstrates powerful tools Oracle Solaris
provides for understanding performance and locating bottlenecks and reasons for
performance problems, focusing on DTrace, a free, comprehensive dynamic tracing
framework that can concisely answer arbitrary questions about application
behavior at runtime. DTrace can be used in place of expensive specialized tools
for monitoring Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications. The
presentation gives an overview of DTrace and Oracle Solaris commands, with
concrete examples involving observing and tuning an application running on
Oracle WebLogic Application Server.

-Angelo