goinsane wrote:
> Is there a complete overview and documentation of all probes available?
> I'm wondering about the guys who are using probes like
>
> fbt:sockfs:sotpi_accept:
>
> and do processing of arguments I've no idea where these are taken from. -(

"fbt" is "function based tracing."  I'd expect that the 'documentation'
of these is essentially the source code itself.

For things that are in section 9F of the man pages, the man page should
provide adequate documentation.  But for things not present there,
there's at most a detailed design document available from the original
project team that wrote the code, and likely not even that.

You might want to review the dtrace "stability level" information in the
tracing guide.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carls...@workingcode.com>