On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Kovalev, Ivan <ivan.kova...@citi.com> wrote:
> Thank you. SUNWhea is not installed on most of my servers (big company = big
> restrictions), none of the headers needed are there. On some servers where
> this package is present, dtrace itself is not found (SUNWdtrc, SUNWdtrp ).
> Anyway, these headers are used only in 3 scripts under Net. Connections
> script works for me (on properly built servers), but two others fail like
> this:

I can't think of a reason to not install the headers.  And with DTrace
being a tool for root causing _production_ performance (and other)
problems, the headers are that much more valuable.

I once had to deal with systems that lacked manpages because the admin
felt that having manpages installed would be too useful for anyone who
managed to compromise the systems.  I thought then that that was
paranoia taken to silly extremes; I still think so.

Nico