I've had issues like this as well. Fortunately Eric Schrock and Adam
Leventhal work down the all from me and I ran this past them. Eric had the
suggestion to simply do a  "find" from the directory that I'm interested in
getting file names for and that did the trick. For example all of my tracing
is on

  /domain0

so I simply do

  $ cd /domain0
  $ find . > /dev/null

and then do my tracing. Since adding this trick, I haven't had problems with
"unknown"

- Kyle Hailey

O: +1.415.341.3430
F: +1.650.494.1676