Hi, William

# Sorry for un-related/un-linked reply posting,
# because I joined the list after your post

> So, the question I ask to the mailing list -
>
> is writing to kernel memory allowed in dtrace or not?

As far as I know, DTrace script can not modify any data
in kernel memory space.

So, once I wrote the patch to allow DTrace script to do so.

Please refer "unlimited.patch" at my bitbucket repository shown below,
If you do not have any problems to replace library/kernel-module for DTrace
on your target system by patched ones.

https://bitbucket.org/foozy/unlimited-dtrace/src

Sorry, there is only a document in Japanese for my patch,
but I'll write minimum document in English, if you are interested in it.