I have a T5240 running Solaris 10u9 (144488-07) and using java "1.6.0_23".
Doing a simple "/bin/java -version" is terribly slow and and takes many seconds
(12-30+).  Looking at the startup with truss I see, it hang for many seconds on:

open64("/dev/dtrace/helper", O_RDWR)            = 3

If I "export DTRACE_DOF_INIT_DISABLE=1" before running "/bin/java -version" the
command takes less then 1 second.  I assume this disables the dtrace helper
program from loading/linking with java.  I'm stumped as to why dtrace would be
causing a performance slowdown in this situation.  I have other similarly
configured T5240's running the exact same Solaris and Java releases, but
they're not exhibiting the same issue.   Any advice as to what might be causing
this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex