**W**H**O** I**S** P**O**O**R*
?

*O**ne day*

*?? *

*The father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country
with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live*
?
?
?
?
?

*T**hey spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be
considered a very poor family*
?
?
?
?
?

*O**n** **their return from their trip, the father asked his son*?

*How was the trip?*

*It was great, Dad.*

*Did you see how poor people live?** **the father asked. ?
**Oh yeah,** **said the son.** ?
**So, tell me, what you learned from the trip?** asked the father. *
?
?
?
?
?

*The son answered:*?

*I** **saw** **that we have one dog and they had four.*

*We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a
creek that has no end**?*
?
?
?
?
?

*?**We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at
night. ?
Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. ?
We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond
*
?
?
?
?
?

*?**We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. ?
We buy our food, but they grow theirs. ?
We have walls around our property to protect us; they have friends to
protect them*
?
?
?
?
?

*T**he** **boy's father was speechless*?

*Then his son added,** *

*Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are*
?
?
?
?
?

*I**sn't** **perspective a wonderful thing?*?

*Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we
have, instead of worrying about what we don't have*
?
?
?
?
?

*A**ppreciate** **every single thing you have!*
?
?
?
?
?

*P**ass** **this on to friends and acquaintances and help them refresh their
perspective and appreciation*
?
?
?