Hi Dumuxers,

I would like to run parallel simulations of CO2 injection into a 3D
reservoir of which the horizontal extents are much higher than the vertical
one: Lx/Lz = Ly/Lz >> 1 (e.g. a reservoir of 1000m x 1000m x 50 m). A 2p
cell-centered model is used.

The domain is described on a cartesian grid of 100x100x100 (1E+6) cells. The
CO2 is injected into the domain at X=500m  and Y = 500m by using the
Peaceman's well model (bhp). The pressure at the boundaries perpendicular
to the Y-axis is set to the initial hydrostatic pressure. All others
boundaries are no-flux Neumann boundaries. At the first step, we consider, for
simplicity, an homogeneous reservoir. You can find in attachment the *.hh
files of my test.

The simulation converges only if the reservoir is anisotropic (Kxx/Kzz =
Kyy/Kzz >>1), meaning that the medium is lowly permeable in Z-direction.
Nevertheless, when the domain is isotropic (Kxx = Kzz), a problem occurs:
Newton solver did not converge. The error message is "MathError
[mgc:/home/share/soft/dumux-2.6/include/dune/istl/paamg/amg.hh:825]: Coarse
solver did not converge".

Moreover, the same test works correctly on isotropic but thicker domains (e.g.
1000m x 1000m x 250 m, the grid is always of 100x100x100).

I don't understand why a same test works on a grid but not on another grid.
Is this related to the numerical scheme (fully-implicit, cell-centered)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Tri Dat