Let me know if you have further questions!

Cheers,
Martin

On 3/1/19 10:28 PM, Ed Scott Wilson Garcia wrote:

Thank you very much Martin.

When I change the boundary conditions on the 2.12 el2p test, the second episode will not work. I’ll try it with the SuperLU solver. The initialization episode has no apparent problem with amg.

I look forward to studing your implementation of the Mandel problem. I tend to believe all my problems arise from my incorrect understanding of the initial and boundary conditions.

best regards,

Edscott

*De:*Dumux [mailto:dumux-boun...@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de] *En nombre de *Beck, Martin
*Enviado el:* viernes, 1 de marzo de 2019 06:38 a. m.
*Para:* DuMuX User Forum
*CC:* Manuel Coronado Gallardo
*Asunto:* Re: [DuMuX] el2p issue almost clear

Hi Edscott,

the momentum balance for the geomechanics is formulated in an incremental way. That meens it only considers changes with respect to the initial state. Nonetheless, the initial stress state matters for post-processing routines such a the evaluation of the total principal stresses and the failure criteria.

I have another suspicion for your troubles: The standard test in the 2.12-release uses the el2p-amgbackend, which seems to cause problems for some cases. For that reason, I switched to a direct solver (SuperLU) for my examples. Maybe this is reason why your problem now works, too?

One more thing: I managed to implement Mandel's problem this week for the fully coupled version of the code. It works fine and reproduces the analytical solution quite well. I was trying to implement it also for the decoupled version, but I ran into some problems. Anyway, I will commit the fully coupled version to the Beck2019a module on Monday (I am out of office today), so you can look into it.

Cheers,

Martin