Hi Lorenzo,

  Here we are using episodes to simulate injection of low salinity water into a
core saturated with oil with the following a sequence:

first: high salinity
second: medium salinity
third: low salinity

At first we were using episodes from dumux 2.12, but those were no longer
available in dumux 3.0 so we implemented our own.

Brief explanation of how we use episodes: In our study we aim at determining
the parameters for the material law (BC and BCM) which correspond to the core
sample, and later apply these values to simulations for enhanced oil recovery
in the field. For this we need to run thousands of simulations, for which dumux
is quite good: friendly to perl and python scripts for unattended executions
and programmed processing of the results.

I am currently working on putting the code in accordance with dumux guidelines
to suggest a merge into gitlab. In our approach we define the concept of stage,
where each stage has a determined number of episodes. The idea behind this is
that for each stage we have a determined number of experimental values and for
each experimental value we define an episode. When each episode is concluded,
the rms error of the simulation with regard to the experimental value is
tabulated. The sum of rms errors is our objective function for minimization.

The design behind our code is that the number of stages and the number of
episodes behind each stage is specified from the input file, so that code does
not have to be recompiled. I hope to have the merge request ready next week (I'
an optimist), but if you're interested in looking at the code before hand
(still missing some guideline comments and code format) I'll be happy to share
it via my github account.

BTW, using the restart command does not always work well (in 3.0), since data
is saved as float while calculations are carried out as double.

regard

Edscott