Von: DuMux <dumux-boun...@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de> Im Auftrag von Etienne
Ahusborde
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Februar 2022 16:22
An: DuMuX User Forum <dumux@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de>
Cc: Nicolas Pillardou <nicolas.pillar...@univ-pau.fr>
Betreff: [DuMux] CO2 geological storage

Hello everyone,

With my colleagues we are still working on numerical simulation of geological
storage of CO2.

Using the version 3.4 of DUMUX, we tried to consider the 3D benchmark proposed
in Holger Class et al , A benchmark study on problems related to CO2 storage in
geologic formations, Computational Geosciences 13 (2009), no. 4, 409–434.

We obtain strong discrepancies between our results and the ones computed for
instance in Martin Schneider et al, Monotone nonlinear finite-volume method for
nonisothermal two-phase two-component flow in porous media, International
Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids (2017), 352-381.

We consider the non-isothermal case using the co2 model and the brineco2.hh
fluidsystem without any modification. Using the original data, we built a dgf
file for the mesh containing the permeability and the porosity for each element
. Then we tried to consider both TPFA and BOX schemes.

The enclosed results represent the gas saturation after 25 years of injection.
For the BOX scheme, they are close to the results obtained by Schneider et al
and also in the first original paper of DUMUX of 2011.

However for the TPFA scheme, they are very different from the the ones obtain
by Schneider et al and other participants in Class et Al.

We investigated many things but we did not succeed to identify the origin of
these strong discrepancies.

Does anyone have an idea where this could come from?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Etienne