Hello DuMuX users,

With my colleague we work on the simulation  of thermo-hydro-chemical processes in porous media.

We developed a fully implicit scheme and now we would like to compare it with a sequential scheme.

For this we would like to solve a non isothermal compositionnal two phase flow and then a reactive transport problem.

For instance, the first subproblem would compute saturations, pressure, temperature  while the chemistry will be explicited. Then, these quantities would be given to the second subproblem that would calculate mole fractions of all chemical species and concentrations of minerals. The dissolution/precipitation of minerals could modify the new porosity that would be given to the first subproblem

We looked how DUMUX could do this. It seems that the different coupling modes currently available (boundary, embedded mixed dimension, conforming mixed dimension facet) are not suitable but maybe we are wrong.

We think that a strategy similar to the one used to coupled flow and geomechanics (/geomechanics/poroelastic/couplingmanager.hh) could be a good point of departure?

Could you please confirm us what in your opinion could be the best way to proceed using the current DuMuX capacities?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Etienne