>I have had really good luck with it on everything from my G3 Powerbook
>running 9 to my Duo 280c with 8.1 and Powerbook 160 with 7.5.5.  It is
>really
>nice for the older models with very limited RAM and small hard drives.  It
>does not take the big chunk out of your hard drive like VM does.  I can have
>20 MB of "RAM" on my 160 (with only 10 MB of real RAM) when I only have a
>few
>MB free on my hard drive.  It will still only let you run individual
>programs
>that require less than your actual amount of RAM.  I think it works better
>with older systems which had poorer VM handling.
>It originally only doubled your RAM, but can now triple it with the newest
>versions.
All this is true, but like VM also RD slows down your computer's
performance considerably. Plus, it may conflict with certain extensions
and applications (esp. those configured to have their own virtual memory
management). Consider it as a last resort when your machine's physical
RAM cannot be extended any further.
Just my 2p after years of using the consecutive versions of RD.
Edgar