> Mad Dog...
>
>  The problems show up when it's on the battery. In fact, the little unit
> wont' even take juice from the AC any more. But I'm not sure why.
> The only time it actually functions is when it's in the Dock. I hope this
> sounds like something you've heard of before!
>
> Trace

Trace;
My 2300 has the exact same problem. I have determined that the connector on
the motherboard is loose. Probably from plugging and unplugging. If I wiggle
the AC adapter, I will sometimes see the charger come on. But, it does not
stay on. I supposed it would require a new motherboard but I may just buy a
new PowerBook. I donšt know how common this is but wanted to say you are not
alone.

Terry

Terry Cozad, Psy.D.
Clincal Psychologist

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."
      (New York Times, November 26, 1991)