[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 12/20/00 2:32:59 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >Assuming that it fits the socket on the Kanga it should work and rechage
> >the battery.  It might seem to recharge the battery as slow as tar though.
> >
> >Ryan
>
> Truth is, Apple finally got it right, more or less standardizing the plug for
> all the newer powerbooks and ibooks.  I have used the duo power supplies and
> the 2400c power supplies for my g3 pismo firewire, since it's FAR more
> portable than that fancy flying saucer power supply, with great success.
>
> Haven't noticed any significant difference in charging time, but I 'm certain
> that is a factor with variable wattages in each supply.  You can still get a
> powerbook 2400c powerbook ac adapter from sunremarketing.com for around $20
> but they are still most likely backordered.

Thanks, Alan. I didn't know that and it's very interesting. I'll look
for other power adapters, then, those that have the same plug then my
G3. Prices are getting somewhat out of mesure for genuine 1st generation
PowerBook G3 accessories...

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC,
USA
"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."