The sound related pins are as follows:
67 +8 clean for sound output
70 +5 V power for sound out
71 Sound Out right
72 Sound Out left
73 Right input signal from external microphone
74 Left input signal from external microphone
148 External microphone plugged in
149 No connect (ext. line or microphone level)
150 External speaker plugged in

I realize that this list seems incomplete and somewhat confusing and
contradictory. It is lifted directly from a technical document that
was none to clear itself. I can likely dig up the actual document if
anyone is interested.

I was working on this same idea for a while. I believe that you only
need to tap 71, 72, and Gnd for the actual sound signal and then
either ground 150 or assert it to tell the Duo to mute the internal
speaker. I didn't ever try it because I was unable to select a dock
for sacrifice. Even the lowly ADB micro dock squealed for mercy when
I tried prying it open with a screwdriver. In retrospect I would rip
in to a clunky old full size dock and rob the connector from that for
testing. They seem to be everywhere and all with bad power supplies.

The other theory I had was to open the screen bezel and attach some
sort of tiny connector to the speaker directly.

Please keep us up to date on what you find out!