lists with over 850 subscribers. G4 List has been around for a while but we
have over 500 new subscribers. Simply amazing growth.

I have a few tips for new subscribers.

#1 Consider the Digest. The Digest version of the list contains all the
messages in the standard "Feed" version but gathered into a few messages a
day.  See the bottom of this message for the address on how to switch to the
digest.

#2 Careful quotes. When responding to the list, be sure to only include the
essential parts of the message you are replying to. This makes the list much
easier to follow especially when looking at the digest version.

#3 Think twice before clicking "Send".  For the busier lists please take the
time to consider whether your message will add value to the list for other
subscribers. I'm counting over 540 individual messages to the lists today.
Please make sure the message you are sending to the list is something that
others will be glad they read. The more we can keep the noise down on the
lists the better they will be for everyone.

I look at my lists like little communities. Please consider yourself part of
the community. Think of your fellow list members as friends, not just people
to share information with.  It is my hope that through sharing our
experiences, challenges and knowledge we will get to know each other better
and all become better people ourselves. I hold each one of you in the
highest regard and I appreciate that you have chosen to be a part of this
community. Thank you all for making these lists a great place for Mac fans
to spend their time.

Eric Prentice
ListMom

--