on 4/9/01 5:11 PM, Michael J. Granado at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a powerbook 2400c with 8.6 OS. Does anyone have the same OS that they
> could just email me the "energy saver extension?" It would save me a few
> hours of reinstalling the OS since I only have the 8.5 CD with the 8.6
> updater. I can't seem to install this individually, and I don't want to work
> so hard for just a small extenstion. Too long of a story to tell what
> happened...

The Energy Saver Extension is not used by the PowerBook 2400 while running
8.6. I believe that extension was incorporated into the System in either
8.5. or 8.6 and is no longer used by ANY machines. If something is telling
you it needs it, its wrong.

Maybe its time for that long story....

Also, for future reference, if you just need a few files out of an installer
and can't be bothered running it, go to macfixit.com and download
TomeViewer. It allows you to browse the archives containing the files and
just extract the one or two you need. This almost ALWAYS works with Apple
Software and some other third party developers.

> Also, do any 2400 owners have an extra floppy drive cable that they are
> willing to sell? I'd pay $10 for it. My only requirements are that it works
> and is in good condition.

Pretty picky...

> Do any of the 2400 owners have an Interware G3 card or a translucent
> keyboard? Can you provide any input on these products? Heat issues,
> availability, cost?

I have an Interware 400 MHz G3 that I purchased last year for approx. $2300
AU. No heat issues. If anything, its been cooler. I can't help you with
availability. Maybe Bill from MacsOnly can. And, no, I'm not interested in
selling it.

Good Luck,

Jay