It only works in a few aspects and a Location Module is not necessary.

When I refer to OE, It also includes Entourage.

OE can remember the following things per location:

1. Default Sending Account
2. Which Schedules are active
3. Whether to lookup unknown names via an LDAP server (fairly useless)
4. Potentially some other stuff?

Whenever you dabble with any of those things, it is only remebered for the
current location. To test, open the Schedules window while on a network
enabled location and make sure Send and Receive All is checked. Then, switch
to another location in which you don't want it to auto-check mail, and
uncheck Send and Receive All. If you return to the original location, the
checkmark re-appears!

Jay