Drew wrote:
>FWIW . . . .   there is a most important aspect (almost an art) to selling
>at auction
>that lot of folks overlook --or don't understand the implications.
>
>The manner in which you create your "Ad" . . . the day of the week. .and
>even the time
>of day. .  .are VERY important and can add many. . .MANY . . . percentage
>points to your
>end closing price.

I'll chime in here too - make sure you have a photo; many people I know
won't even
look at an auction without a photo, much less bid on it. Select an ending
time to
your auction when it's easy for people to bid on it - late on friday or
saturday
night works well so that you can get people who aren't likely to be in their
offices and can reach both east and west coast of North America - or if it's
late enough, early risers from Europe.

Don't restrict your sales to US only. It's not any more trouble to send a
package
to another country than it is to send to the other side of the state. You
need to
pack it the same, the only extra part is filling out a customs form. Payment
doesn't have to be that difficult either, now that Paypal works in many other
countries (and there are other methods besides Paypal too). Check with your
bank to see if they charge any fees for foreign bank checks, either in $US or
in other currencies. I've written before that one of my banks charges NO fees
for exchanging foreign checks, but charges a small fortune for foreign checks
written in $US. If you check this out ahead of time, you can state that you'll
ship anywhere, can be flexible about payments, and that buyer pays actual
postage only. If you think that 2400 is relatively rare in the US, how much
rarer are they in other countries?

good luck, hope this gives you some ideas.
-wayne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]