Take one Weller solder gun (250w)
cut the copper tip open
sharpen the two copper squareish wires  (squareish?;-P  )
bend the ends at a 90 degree angle (sharpened tips should just touch)
place the tabs between the tips in the desired battery orientation
clamp with long nose Vicegrips
pull trigger for 30-90 sec.
let go of trigger
check the spot weld
this should be repeated three(3) times in a triangle formation
you now have an OE weld without heating up the battery
tabs are nickel alloy and if they are clean they will have fused without resistance.
Works for me.

Juergen
"Way too many computers, not enough time"