Genki on 10/2/01 1:14 AM wrote:

>> Does anyone know if the screens on a Duo 250, and 280 (not the 280c)
>> are interchangeable?
>
> I believe so.  250 and 280 both used active matrix greyscale LCD and may be
> interchangeable.
>
> 210 and 230 scree is interchangeable with each other as both are passive
> matrix.  270c and 280c are also interchangeable.
>
> Poor 2300 is all alone.  It can take 270c/280c active matrix screen but it's
> big LCD screen can't be used on any other Duos without some modifications.

Although both the 250 & 280 have active matrix greyscale LCDs, I think they
utilize different connectors at the motherboard. You may want to confirm
this as this will prevent them from being interchangable unless you swap
cables (not too easy).

Also, while the color LCD on the 2300 is not backwards compatible with any
other Duo, the 2300 motherboard can accept ANY of the previous LCDs used on
all prior Duos.

-makmac