on 10/26/01 John Stocker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My poor 2400 is in quite a fit.  It toggles between the green light of death
> and the click of death upon resetting the power manager.  I have followed
> Sidney Ho's instructions on reviving such 2400s to no avail.  I have held
> the power manager button more times than I can count.  I have even let the
> pm battery drain for 2-3 weeks, but still the book wont respond.
>
> What else can I do aside from sending it in for repair?  I'm not afraid of
> opening the book.  What can I look for when I dissect the beast?

Most likely it's a dead CPU card--the most common cause of failure. However,
if you've never opened it up check for loosely seated items first if you
don't want to send it in before exhausting all options. Don't buy a spare
machine unless you know what your own problems are first. You need access to
a working machine to A-B test or you will resolve nothing.  Also try to
start it opened up with pram battery disconnected altogether, power adapter
plugged in.