At 1:25 PM -0500 12/1/01, Genki wrote:
>> I use the network access disk from apple.com.  Boots most macs into Sys 7.
>> Just down load on the Imac, and use disk copy (also from apple) to make
>the
>> disk.
>
>I never knew iMac ever came with floppy disk.  So unless one has an external
>floppy disk drive with iMac, iMac is pretty much useless in helping the Duo.
>
>> I use that (with CD driver instead of network) and a standard 7.6.1 disk,
>> to do any 68k mac.
>
>I have both 7.5.3 and 8.1 CD and II can make bootable floppy disk.  I'm in
>MI so if I'm closer, drop me an email off the list and I'll see what I can
>do about it.  I could even make a full set of 7.5.3 install disk from the CD
>and since 7.5.3 is also available for free, no worries about copyright
>issues.

Thanks for the offer of help, but I managed to discover a way to use a PC
to create a Mac boot disk. I created a copy of the 7.5 Network Access disk
and me and Emma are happily computing once again. For those interested, the
details on how to perform this minor miricle are available at
<http://macfaq.binhost.com/software/macos.shtml>.

--
Christopher J. Carroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>