>From: Ralph Mawyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Ram Disk problems
>
>TidBITS Issue 377 had a good segment on creating a web cache on a RAM
>disk.  You might want to compare it against what you did.  I've been
>using it since then(1997) without any problems.
>
>http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=02160

Very interesting, too. Gotta try that, but the current Aladdin version is
pretty expensive for this limited purpose, and the link on the page,
above, is dead. Which older (free?) version is okay for this, say,
through OS 9.1?

Another way to go has been to not have a browser web cache at all. For as
many years, I've been using the unfortunately-now-defunct $8 NavCom Cache
Control program. You set Netscape's cache at zero and do all the
adjustments in NCCC which adjusts N's heap. Or you can do more or less
the same thing using the freeware control panel "Reaper" by the folks at
AKUA <http://www.akua.com/Software/>. Both work fine if you have enough
total RAM.

Bob F