500 cycles?  I don't know how this compares to current batteries.
Like 500 complete charge/discharge cycles?  I usually do that twice a
week or so.  That would be two and a half year minimum life?
I think I might be sold.
There are some pretty knowledgeable people on this list.  Anyone
willing to do the remanufacturing?  I'll probably end up doing my own
(lack of cash and surplus of curiosity) but I bet theres plenty of
people that wouldn't.
In fact, I'd probably take two.
Apple ever make a battery carry case for the 2400?  I've seen them
for Duos and 1xx batteries...
Peace
Aqua