excellent responses, you guys! i was hoping this was what i would hear
back about my duo 2300c.
dragoth, sorry to crush your illusions about the aluminum or magnesium
spacer frame, but, no, I really think it ain't light metal. it's crummy
plastic, colored like light metal. metal rings when you tap it. this
stuff doesn't even sound like pot metal. it wiggles and wibbles like
plastic and there are no metal tear marks where it gave way under the
force of 'godzilla's tearing at it, to get the hard drive out. it just
snapped off like plastic does. no tool marks on it like metal shows.
what a neanderthal!. couldn't even use a screwdriver to undo the screws.
just tore and pried and broke it off!. a person like that doesn't even
deserve to own a computer!
i wonder what made it stop working in the first place. i bet they got
the same speech at the mac store that i got, and decided it wasn't worth
it, all they wanted to preserve was what was on the HD. knowing this
neighborhood, either it had drug customers and profits from deals on it,
or else movie or music industry data in development.
  hah.
 as if.
i looked at that service up in san fransisco/fremont. i think i'll keep
them as a second choice if my first choice gets complicated.
but you came thru for me, guys. cheers for all of you.
when i got these macs, i was truly scared that i couldn't learn how to
use them. i didn't know how on earth i was gonna figure them out alone.
but the same thing they say in 12 step meetings applies here: 'no one
can do it for you, but you can't do it alone"
janet

http://community.webtv.net/mensabrains/BADCODE