Hi, Duo listers!

This is my first post to this list,(i think).
I'm glad to see others interested in these cool Macs.
  I have a slightly quirky 2300c that sometimes wont power up.
it is plugged into an external powersupply, and I started doing a database
inventory of my stuff with it using ClairusWorks.
It has system 7.6 and is reluctant to start at times.
the rear button makes the green light come on but just sits there.
other times both buttons work to start it up.
i press the button a few times and closed the lid just now and it is
mysteriously booting now.
Usually i press the button a few times and it starts.
I did try to reset the power manager or whatever by holding down the
powerbutton on the back for 30 or 40 seconds with no power or battery.
but it still acts odd at times.
I also use it in a Duo Dock plus at times.
the space bar also has some issues as i have to press it hard in one spot to
make it work. kind of annoying. But I Really like this lap top.
I don't use the battery because they are dead.
I have a couple other issues with it but I'll save those for a little later.
If any one has any thing to add to this I would really appreciate it.

TIA
Regards,
Carter