>I've heard sonnettech used OC'ed g3/4 chips on their cards

In a previous post I said that Sonnet only overclocked G3 chips. That was
true then but now they have expanded their practice to G4 processors.
Caveat Emptor!

Mike

>From the OWC newsletter:
As we have mentioned a couple times now, Sonnet has upclocked again and I
can't see any good excuse for it from them. They are now shipping a
G4/500MHZ ZIF upgrade that is really using a G4/450MHZ processor. No
Motorola G4 specification supports the use of that G4/450MHz part for any
500MHz application but to the contrary Motorola spec for a G4/400MHz PE
part
listed as equivalent to the 450LE G4 processor Sonnet is using gives clear
clearly shows the 450MHZ LE is not rated for 500MHz. We have discontinued
offering this upclocked Sonnet product as we have the other models we have
found Sonnet upclocking the processor on. It is a sad thing as all of this
products at one point had the real XXXMhz rated processor on them. I find
their practice deceptive and unfortunate. The full details along with
reader
feedback can be found here:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Framework.cfm?page=/sonnet/sonnet.html